Thursday, November 22, 2007

Ballack targets December return for Chelsea

Germany's captain Michael Ballack said on Wednesday he is hoping to end his injury nightmare and return to action for English giants Chelsea next month.

Ballack, 31, has been out of action since damaging his ankle in the Premier League clash against Newcastle United on April 22, but told German television channel ARD he plans to play again next month.

"I have been making big progress," said Ballack, who has missed the last ten German internationals after two ankle operations.

"I was back in full training last week and I plan to play my first game in December. However, I am not setting an exact date or a particular match for my return. I am looking at my progress on a week-to-week basis."

Ballack watched Germany draw 0-0 with Wales in Frankfurt on Wednesday and will probably add to his 77 caps when Germany play Austria in Vienna on February 6 in a friendly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I'm very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'
- Bill Shankly